Butternut squash mac and cheese is a great veggie-packed meal to sneak in extra vegetables!
You will need:
Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese (serves 4)
- 1 butternut squash, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 19oz can coconut cream
- 1/4 cup parmigiano regiano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast cubed butternut squash at 375F for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Sauté onion until translucent.
- Deglaze with white wine. Cook until wine has fully evaporated.
- To the onions, add roasted butternut squash, coconut cream and parmigiano regiano cheese. Cook for a few minutes and then blend with an immersion blender (you may also cool the mixture a little bit and then blend in a blender).
- Season to taste. Enjoy!