Get ready to dip your favorite fries, chicken nuggets and anything else in between in this luscious, creamy honey mustard sauce. This sauce is super easy to make in a stand mixer and the star ingredients are Wedderspoon’s Raw Monofloral Manuka Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar.
Wedderspoon’s Manuka honey has many beneficial properties, vitamins and is a great supplement to take during the winter months since it can boost one’s immune system. Their honey is always Non-GMO and free of glyphosate, pesticides and antibiotics. Wedderspoon is a brand you can trust since they are very transparent about the making of their honey varieties.
Today’s recipe uses my favorite Wedderspoon Raw Monofloral Manuka Honey as well as Wedderspoon’s Apple Cider Vinegar with manuka honey. Their apple cider vinegar also has Monofloral Manuka Honey in it and “the mother.” The mother is a colony of beneficial bacteria and a component that your apple cider vinegar should always have. Apple cider vinegar that contains the mother means that it is unpasteurized, unrefined and unfiltered, making it the best quality of apple cider vinegar you can get!
This honey mustard sauce or dip can be made with ease in a blender or stand mixer. It follows the same procedure as making a homemade mayonnaise, using all natural ingredients like egg yolks and oil. The oil you choose to use is dependent on your preference. I personally love using avocado oil, extra-virgin olive oil and/or grapeseed oil. These are my favorite oils to use. Depending the flavour of your extra-virgin olive oil, it can sometimes have a strong taste so if using a strong-tasting olive oil, use half olive oil and half of another oil.
You will need:
salt and pepper
This honey mustard sauce is great for sweet potato fries of course but always goes well with regular fries, chicken nuggets, breaded fish and whatever else you enjoy dipping!
Honey Mustard Sauce (makes about 1 cup)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp Wedderspoon Apple Cider Vinegar with manuka honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 cups oil of choice (I like a mix of extra virgin olive oil and grapeseed or avocado oil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Wedderspoon Raw Monofloral Manuka Honey
- In a KitchenAid stand mixer, add egg yolks and beat on high. Add the apple cider vinegar and dijon mustard and continue to beat on high speed until it gets a little thicker and fluffy.
- Turn stand mixer down to medium-high speed and slowly drizzle in the oil. Oil must be drizzled in slowly so the sauce doesn’t split.
- Once all the oil has been incorporated, add Manuka honey and stir to combine. Season to taste and add water 1 tbsp at a time if needed to thin out sauce a little bit.
- Honey mustard sauce is ready to enjoy with your favorite fries. Enjoy! *Sauce will keep in the fridge up to 5 days*
Thank you Wedderspoon for sponsoring this post! I feel so blessed to work with brands I love and that support me. All opinions are always my own.