These pumpkin spelt muffins will make your house smell like a warm pumpkin spice candle.
These pumpkin spelt muffins are an easy little treat to make. They use one of my favorite flours: spelt. It’s quite comparable to all-purpose flour so the result is a super fluffy bakery-style muffin.
Pumpkin Spelt Muffins (makes 12)
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a bowl, combine spelt flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil and coconut sugar. Add pumpkin purée and milk and whisk until incorporated.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Scoop batter into a lined muffin pan. Bake at 350F degrees for 15-18 minutes. Enjoy!