I love skillet desserts because it allows you to make a delicious dessert in miniature form for 1 or 2 servings. A dessert I started enjoying this year is bread pudding. I mean, who doesn’t love a nice bready and buttery dessert with fun toppings?
I love using brioche bread from local bakeries when making bread pudding but you can totally choose any bread you like.
Bread pudding is ridiculously easy to make and it’s such a warm and satisfying dessert. As much as I love chocolate desserts like gooey brownies or a lava cake, bready desserts like bread pudding are equally a favorite of mine.
You will need:
Skillet Bread Pudding (serves 2)
- 3 cups bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk milk, eggs, sugar, butter and cinnamon.
- Add bread cubes and toss to soak bread.
- Add bread pudding mixture in a 6-7inch greased skillet. Add desired toppings on top.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!