Time to add these flavourful steak fajita bowls to your weekly menu!
I love prepping these steak fajita bowls for lunches during the week.
You will need:
You need these steak fajita bowls in your life!
Steak Fajita Bowls (makes 4 servings)
- 2 pounds beef, sliced
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup rice of choice
- 1 head lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- sour cream for topping (or plain greek yogurt)
- salt and pepper to taste
- toppings: guacamole, pico de gallo salsa, grilled corn, lime juice
- Cook 1 cup of rice of choice according to directions on package. Once cooked, set aside.
- Shred or chop 1 head of lettuce.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, heat some extra virgin olive oil. Sauté sliced onions until translucent. Add sliced peppers and sauté until tender. Once cooked, set vegetables aside.
- Heat more oil in a sauté pan and sauté beef and season with salt, pepper and cumin. Sauté until desired doneness. Combine sautéed vegetables and beef.
- Assemble bowls: Fill each bowl with rice, lettuce and sautéd steak, peppers and onions. Top with sour cream, chopped cilantro and any other desired toppings.
*steak fajita bowls can be prepped and stored for week’s lunch or dinners.