This sweet potato mac and cheese is my little brother’s new favorite and I’m so happy about that! Teenagers can be picky with vegetables but when they’re blended up into the most creamy sauce, you can sneak those veggies right in. insert evil laugh
This sweet potato mac and cheese sauce is oh-so creamy and it’s gorgeous hue is all thanks to sweet potatoes. I could literally eat sweet potatoes every. single. day. You bet I’ll be making this at least once every two weeks now, especially since my younger brother is a huge fan too!
Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite foods on earth, no joke. I love the wonderful flavour it adds to this mac and cheese sauce, and it really helps to thicken up the sauce beautifully. I chose to add romano cheese to this mac and cheese sauce however, you can totally go for a more classic cheese like cheddar.
This Braun Multiquick hand blender is seriously a dream when it comes to making sauces and soups. There’s no need to whip out the whole blender anymore to purée food or make creamy dishes. This hand blender is compact and easy to use. I love how you can detach the various attachments for easier cleaning, without having to worry about the cord getting wet. It even has a whisk attachment which is so cool and convenient to whisk wet ingredients in a recipe together without using a stand mixer – less to clean up, yay!
Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese
- 2 medium-size sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp romano cheese
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peal and chop sweet potatoes into chunks. Bring a small pot of water to boil and boil sweet potatoes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pot and sauté onions until translucent.
- Add coconut milk, boiled sweet potato chunks, cheese, chipotle and seasoning.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and purée with a hand blender. Serve with your favorite pasta. Enjoy!