This tex mex sweet potato poutine is a flavour explosion in your mouth paired with a magical cilantro garlic sauce. No joke, I’ve been eating this magic cilantro sauce with everything!
Tex Mex Sweet Potato Poutine (serves 2)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup lean ground beef (vegetarian option: use black beans)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings: avocado, monterey jack cheese, jalapeños
Cilantro Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- A handful of cilantro (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 375F. Slice sweet potatoes into fries. Bake at 375F for 12-18 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Sauté ground beef in a pan until cooked. Season with cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cilantro Garlic sauce: In a food processor or blender, combine greek yogurt, cilantro and garlic. Blend until smooth. Season.
- Assemble: In two bowls, add sweet potato fries. Top with cooked ground beef, diced tomato, corn and any other desired toppings. Drizzle with cilantro garlic sauce and enjoy!