You will need:
Tex Mex Vegan Sheperd’s Pie (makes 9 pieces)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 540ml can black beans
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel sweet potatoes. Place in a pot of boiling water and boil until fork tender. Once sweet potatoes are cooked, mash, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and sauté diced onion until translucent. Add black beans, corn, garlic powder, cumin, chipotle powder and smoked paprika and sauté a few minutes until mixture is warm. Season to taste
- In an 8×8 baking dish, add black bean and corn mixture. Top with mashed sweet potato and sprinkle the top with smoked paprika for colour.
- Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!