These vegan chocolate cupcakes are super moist and ready in under 30 minutes!
I love making cupcakes since they’re much quicker to make than a cake and I love how they look like individual mini cakes. Chocolate has always been my preferred dessert choice and these cupcakes are one of my top favourites.
As for icing, you decide what you would love to top these with! My personal favourites are chocolate frosting, cream cheese frosting, and classic buttercream but I like to mix it up and try different combinations all the time. I’m sharing my favourite cream cheese frosting recipe in this post!
I topped these cupcakes with gold glitter as well as pastel candy on others. I love browsing the baking aisle at the grocery store and Michaels and picking up cute new toppings.
No matter what you decide to top these cupcakes with, you need to make them stat!
You will need:
apple cider vinegar
baking powder + baking soda
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes (makes 12 cupcakes)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut or avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond milk, apple cider vinegar, oil and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Divide batter equally into muffin pan lined with muffin paper. Bake at 350F degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Make frosting: Combine softened butter and cream cheese and whip in a stand mixer or with an electric beater. Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar gradually. Whip until smooth.
- Cool cupcakes completely before adding frosting. Enjoy!